Saturday, November 26, 2011

Delayed

Due to my classes background checks being held up in the courts my Traditions and Parks Operations classes have been delayed a week. I still made the journey to Anaheim yesterday, everything went smoothly, so much so most of my new room is already set up. I was heart broken Tuesday night when I received the call from Casting letting my know my start date had been delayed; I've since changed my mind a bit. While I am bummed to not be in dress clothes walking around the park today I do have a rare opportunity. One of my favorite podcasters from the DIS Unplugged Disneyland edition is in the parks. Though I won't be able to enjoy the parks with him; he invited me to dine with him and his family at a Whitewater Snacks, a favorite of all of ours. Whitewater Snacks is in the Grand Californian with a great view of Disney California Adventure and they have the best nachos I've ever eaten. So I get to have great lunch with some great company today.


Last night I had the opportunity to hangout with one of my favorite people Carly. She was a sweetheart and drove down from Pasadena after working at Starbucks just to hangout with me; that in itself made me super happy. We tried to go to my favorite sushi place in Orange, sadly Tokyo Cafe was closed, the Old Town Grinder however was open. The Grinder not only has one of the best pastrami sandwiches I've ever eaten, they have tons of bottled sodas, and it's a favorite of mine I haven't had in close to a year. As if eating with one of my favorite people at one of my favorite places wasn't enough we were able to watch the Disneyland holiday fireworks as Carly drove us back to my place. I had my first "I live here now how cool is that" moment when I first pulled off the freeway; seeing the fireworks shattered that first moment and really made me realize this is my life now. I may not start working for the Mouse for a week, but I'm already fully immersed in my noisy neighbors night time activities.


I'd like to send the biggest thank you to my mother, father, and brother right now. With out the love and support I've received from all of you this new beginning wouldn't be happening. Dad thank you for having the faith in my to tow a trailer 400 miles by myself and giving me the knowledge to make it a safe trip. Mom thank you for letting me go, I know I'm your first born, I can't imagine how hard it was seeing me drive off. Smalls, thanks for helping me pack, more importantly thanks for making my last night in the apartment memorable but normal for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment